Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I should really write self help books for a living


Recently I have come to realize three things that have made my life a gazillion times (this is not an exaggeration) easier and happier. Perhaps my little realizations will help you out too. And let's be honest, everyone could use a little help these days :)

1. Being in complete control of every situation is boring and overrated.

2. Thinking that you can deal with every problem by yourself and consequently bottling up all your emotions inside is not healthy. It's okay to ask people for help and show some emotion- This was a BIG one for me.

3.  Change is not always a bad thing. Seriously.

Now if you had gone to a shrink, you would have been told the exact same thing, but with fancier words and all sorts of "how do you feel about that" types of questions thrown in every other sentence, and then gotten a lovely bill a week later. Don't ask me how I know this, but I do. You can feel good knowing that you got it for free and in words you can understand. I know, I know, my kindness even surprises me sometimes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment